Mattresses and blankets are some of the most important parts of our bed. The amount of sleep that a person will receive is directly or indirectly linked to our bedding. If your mattress is soft and comfortable and gives enough support to your body then you will have a peaceful sleep. While if you are sleeping on an old, uncomfortable mattress then it will give you a lot of body pain. It will not properly align your spine and create a lot of difficulties sleeping.
If you are sleeping in an unhygienic blanket then your blanket can become the place of dust mites and fungus. Those dust mites will certainly bite you and give you allergies. So, using bad-quality bedding will affect your sleep cycle and ruin your physical and mental health.
A new kind of blankets found in the market known by the name of weighted blankets is becoming very popular nowadays. These blankets give you an evenly distributed pressure and steady sensory input which relaxes your body and helps you to sleep better. These are a new type of therapeutic blankets which are not filled with soft cotton or feathers but instead they are filled with glass beads or plastic pellets. These weights hug the sleeper-like sensation and that helps in the release of happy hormones like serotonin and dopamine. These hormones make you calmer and happier and when these hormones get converted to melatonin you start feeling sleepy.
These weighted blankets are also great for children or adults suffering from disorders like anxiety, depression, ADHD, insomnia, etc. These weighted blankets don’t only help you to sleep but also will help you to get calm due to their hugging sensation whenever you are feeling stressed or anxious. If one wants to buy these blankets then they don’t need to worry about the price because they are budget-friendly weighted blankets and the pocket pinch is reasonable. There are various types of budget-friendly weighted blankets available in the market. A few of them are mentioned below.
TYPES OF WEIGHTED BLANKETS
- GRAVITY BLANKETS: These blankets are one of the most popular therapeutic blankets available in the market. These blankets come in 3 different types of weights ranging from 15-20 pounds and also their measurement is 72 by 48 inches. This size is perfect for one person to sleep with comfort. Just like you need to understand the right size of mattressfor you before purchasing one, understanding the size of the mattress is also necessary. With the proper blanket size wrapped around you at night, you would feel the required hugging sensation required for a night of satisfactory sleep. The internal beads of the Gravity blankets are evenly distributed throughout the surface due to gridded stitching. The benefits of gravity blankets are that they are super soft, have a removable duvet, and can be machine washed. These blankets are a little bit costly.
- YNM COOLING WEIGHTED BLANKETS: Most weighted blankets are made up of fuzzy fleece or microfiber fabrics that give you enough comfort but cause a lot of overheating. But these YnM blankets are made up of breathable, moisture-wicking – 300 thread count bamboo viscous materials. The insides of these mattresses are filled with thinner polyfill and premium glass beads.
These blankets also come in 3 weight options 15, 20, and 25 pounds. These blankets are easily washable in a machine and come with a warranty of 3 years. These blankets are comparably thinner and less bulky than other weighted blankets and as they are made up of a breathable fabric, they are much cooler and lets you sleep comfortably. Many customers have also said that these are the best blankets which make people fall asleep very quickly. These blankets are affordable but come in only 2 color options.
- GOOD KNIGHT WEIGHTED BLANKET: This blanket is a high-quality hypoallergenic blanket. It is filled with very small, non-toxic Polly pellets, and these are made up of 100% cotton. These blankets also come in 3 different weights 15, 17, and 20 pounds. The measurement of these blankets is 60 by 80 inches. These blankets are very soft and cozy for sleepers. These blankets are very much durable and even soft without a duvet cover. The weights are evenly distributed and the stitching is very strong. These blankets make you feel warm and comfortable throughout the night. The only demerit of these mattresses is that the duvet covers are sold separately and don’t come along with the blanket.
- COMFORTER WEIGHTED BLANKET: These blankets come with removable fabric covers which you can change according to your wish and the fabric covers come with a lot of color options. If you are interested in changing the look of your room very often then these mattresses are perfect for you. The outer side of these blankets is soft and fuzzy while the other side comes with a unique sensa cool dot embellishment to give a sensory stimulation. These blankets are made up of 100% glass beads. There are 2 weight options 12 and 15 pounds. These blankets come in a lot of color options like brown/cream, purple/gray, blue/green, etc. Though one problem was observed with these mattresses is that if they are not stitched properly and tightly then the inner layer can get shifted.
- QUALITY PREMIUM KIDS WEIGHTED BLANKET: As most blankets are very heavy, when it comes to children you will have to buy separately a kid-weighted blanket for your children. The quality premium blankets come with different weight options with a range of 5 pounds to 12 pounds. These blankets are filled with glass beads and are made up of 100% cotton. The size of the blanket ranges from 36 by 48 inches to 60 by 80 inches. These blankets help kids to fall asleep faster and the only trouble with these blankets is that they will have to be washed with hands.
These are a few of the best-weighted blankets that are available in the market. Ideally, the weight of the blanket must be 10% of your body weight or it might have 2 pounds extra weight. Before buying your blankets, you must have a definite budget and according to that, you must choose your weighted blanket. These weighted blankets are very comfortable and good for those who have trouble sleeping. The extra weight gives a sensory stimulation which enables you to fall asleep faster.